Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Amalgama) Formidable
Badly Beaten is a design choice to prevent chain revives, as you can see. Amalgama has no innate cooldown or limitations. But I think it was forgotten how crippling Badly Beaten is, and how it only belongs to active or global resurrection methods, such as Last Chance, Sal Volatile, Die Hard... That's why it was removed from Phenex, but the thing is. If we want Badly Beaten removed from Amalgama, we'll need to think of new ways to impose a limitation on them. That's where the idea from A came from.

"Denies death up to five times, but that's all you get in one fight.", this would be pretty much a less anime/more simplistic version of B.

"I'm defeated, but I rise and refuse to go down while I fight alongside Badly Beaten until 3 rounds tick by and I die for real", is the anime interpretation of Formidable.

"My revive actually heals a lot, so it's justified to have Badly Beaten" is option C, the lazy one.

What kills me is what I'll repeat until I die. Amalgama has -so many unnecessary limitations-, for -so little reward-, while other races just shrug and have it because why not. It also gave me an idea for a D, which just makes them ignore the momentum loss while keeping their current design choice. Works for me, but it's as I said. Anything now is better than nada.

Atm the revive doesn't do its job as being a life saver, since you'll have to consider the following: Interference (Amalgama doesn't build SAN, so they're susceptible to it), On-Hit/On-Crit effects easily do 50 damage minimum (We know Seiryuu Tessen is a good example), everything else I listed when they're compared to Phenexes.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
(Amalgama) Formidable - by Snake - 06-17-2021, 02:06 PM
RE: (Amalgama) Formidable - by Krath - 06-17-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: (Amalgama) Formidable - by Snake - 06-17-2021, 03:18 PM
RE: (Amalgama) Formidable - by SpaceShibe - 06-18-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: (Amalgama) Formidable - by EenKogNeeto - 06-25-2021, 01:31 AM
RE: (Amalgama) Formidable - by Snake - 06-25-2021, 03:05 PM