Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Item Belt Swapping vs Sentimentality
(06-30-2021, 03:19 PM)Snake Wrote: That's not what I'm asking for. Please read the OP after my edit. ("Sentimentality should not reset if your bonded weapon is equipped at: A) Your item belt or B) Your main hand; At combat end, if this condition is not met, it will reset.")

Sentimentality as it is displays your mastery of one singular weapon. It's the -weapon type- that is concerned, not your -main hand weapon-, so you can have two Tarnadas, both will be treated equally for Sentimentality, so why bother thinking this only applies to that specific weapon? The buffs are minimal, right? Even more a reason why it shouldn't reset! It's not impactful enough to warrant such a severe punishment for OOC mistakes or people being too bloody rushy with their dungeon clearing speed and lack of respect for another's special conditions such as concerns for Sentimentality.

You can swap weapons mid-battle, not lose sentimentality, but when combat ends and if you had your back-up weapon in your main hand? Kiss that hundred battles time investment a fine goodbye.

As I mentioned, this happens more often in PvE, at parties you're not the leader of, you'll have to be asking people 'hol' up a moment, my sentimentality will reset if I don't swap this back in my pocket!' EVERY. GOD. DAMN. FIGHT.

OOCly is annoying, and ICly? Absolutely CRINGE to be asking for others' leniency for OOC reasons, which could pretty much be called metagaming by then. All because of 2 Power/Hit/Crit.

Epic.

Besides the OCD, oh god the OCD when you lose your +2 Power to your weapon and have 98 SWA instead of a clean 100. It truly ruins my happy camping every single time.

I mentioned in my post that weapon sentimentality is punishing you for swapping your main weapon out of your item belt which is the intended point of the trait. It feels like what you are asking is to for-go this restriction completely to allow you to weapon swap which goes against the point of weapon sentimentality.

Sorry but I just don't see why there should be an exception simply because you keep an extra weapon on your item belt, this just allows you to swap out weapons however you feel like anyways because you kept the weapon on your item belt. I'd rather losing sentimentality be a little more forgiving than allowing you free usage over any item because you kept your main one on your item belt.

I keep my Tarnada as my main weapon, but I notice I might need Fuuma for this next fight, I might need an accurate blessed weapon, I might just want Raijin's potential. So I item belt my Tarnada and swap to the appropriate weapon, going against the point of the trait which is to encourage consistency. If you want an extra flexible weapon you can use 2 instead of 1, and for-go 2hand.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Sawrock, Snake, WaifuApple

Messages In This Thread
Item Belt Swapping vs Sentimentality - by Snake - 06-26-2021, 03:26 PM
RE: Item Belt Swapping vs Sentimentality - by Autumn - 06-30-2021, 08:35 PM