Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duelist Tweaks
As I was fiddling with the new daggers and thinking on the weapon variety thread, I came to some conclusion that Duelists are essentially the 'weapon experts' of SL2. Which means that some of their mundane tactics, like Repel, should probably continue the same idea of zero weapon discrimination. Touching upon the in-character logic is simple enough, but I think adjusting the following skills would promote more synergies and less popular weapons. And hopefully this 'motif' becomes a habit, so Dev doesn't have to set a quota for X many axe skills, X many spears skills, etcetera.

1) Removing the sword restriction for sidecut. It's a simple maneuver that not even daggers can currently make use of. It wouldn't hurt to share that love with other weapon types.
2) Removing the sword restriction for Lau'dela. It'd be feasible and fair to stay this can be restricted to martial weapons (sword, spear, axe, daggers) only, since the description describes the maneuver as a slash.
3) Removing the sword restriction for Crystal Rose. Probably applying the same treatment as Lau'dela, since it's using the 'edge' of your weapon to pull off.

I'll stop there and see where this thread goes.

Messages In This Thread