Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get more meaningful roleplay?
So this is a bit of a rant, bit of a discussion, bit of a desperate attempt to make sense out of things

My experience

I've been playing SL2 since SL1, on and off. Recently, I got really into it as I sort of started figuring out how to really get into roleplays with people more consistently and I've been playing a character I love. I feel myself staying here a while since I'm loving the game more than ever. But after like two months of my return, I'm feeling kind of empty.

What I'm doing

I've been roleplaying as much as I can: going in the bar, in public places and in people's camps, striking up conversations. I ask questions, put my character's personality forward, use any kind of hooks their profile has, talk about my own relation to them and my story. I flirt, I offer drinks, I ask for spars, I get into conversations, even play drinking games... And I get a lot of surface-level roleplays with random people. I constantly have mildly interesting conversations about each other, and get some meaningless talk most of the time that ends with... What?... Maybe that person will remember my name.

My issue

I want deeper roleplay. I want things to happen between characters. I want to get to know someone better, and talk about my character's deeper traits, his flaws and weaknesses, his fears, his hopes and dreams, and I wanna get to know theirs as well. I want things to happen, with drama, emotions, and interesting stories.

So what am I doing wrong?

My character is Karvan the Lupine Brute. I roleplay all the time, but it's always the same. Is my character not interesting? Are people not into the concept or is it just how I play him? Are people just in the same boat as me? But no, because I see people with deep connections all the time, it's always these little groups of friends who are totally closed to outsiders. I can barely feel like I matter even seeing them multiple times. I'm just a regular, or a guy they kinda know. Is my technique wrong? Are my expectations wrong? Am I just unlucky? Did I not spend enough time roleplaying?

What am I supposed to do to get deep, meaningful roleplay in this game I love?

I feel like I'm losing my mind logging on this game every day hoping for things to happen that never happen, subsisting off the fact that I purely enjoy playing the character and rping in SL2. Plz help
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Akame

Messages In This Thread
How do I get more meaningful roleplay? - by Poruku - 08-14-2021, 03:39 AM