Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
So a slightly nuanced take. I feel that all the scaling changes were nice, I still appreciate the removal of luc from the evade and hit equation. I believe that provided a lot of diversity to builds, and such.

However evade being too good means that people have all but taken to finding ways to just ignore it. Whether through evasion ignoring attacks, or by virtue of gouging hit which is much easier to do than gouging out evasion. Meaning that item diversity has changed for the better, however build diversity has not changed.

Observing fights and testing in PVP I have found that evasion builds no longer have carefully balanced managing of evasion buffs, and have moreso turned into games of rocket tag. Where damage races or keep away have taken center stage. While both options were already strong in the previous meta, and iterations of the game. Damage races are now more prevalent now. Which means that people will be driven to try to shut down builds rather than diversify. Falling into the same cycle we dealt with previously.

That's not to mention how oppressive PVE can feel. While threatening, it doesn't seem to matter how high I and others stack evasion, when certain mobs consistently and reliably manage to hit me anyway.

I feel that we should do some slight reversions to the old evade system. To allow for better and more meaningful use of evasion. I would need to think of more meaningful options to remedy things, and I feel bad for offering little in constructive input and more my observations of the current meta.

But I feel some adjustments need to be made that are not nerfing hit, or buffing evasion. But rather giving value back to autohits without invalidating the choice to dodge entirely.

As at current, the general state of PVP has simply been finding ways to work around the evasion with debuffs, and high damage builds to avoid engaging with evasion and glancing blows. Where perhaps buffing evasion DR was the more reasonable option.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Balor's post:
  • Fern, Illumi, KitKatarine, Lewdcifer, Miller, Snake, Sokuryoku

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Balor - 08-31-2021, 07:32 AM