Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
(09-05-2021, 02:59 AM)Snake Wrote: It wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular but the ones who'd inevitably feel offended to be asked to 'hit the brakes a sec' for wilding with their opinions. Not once I said the OP is wrong. What I find wrong is wanting to go back and 'period' just because they lost their cheesy dodgetank autohit builds, fallenharn 'rookies' or broken mage builds (which are still broken, thanks to things that are not being addressed because people wanna 'go back') at the flick of an index.

The 'go back' mentality kind of limits people from gaining a distaste for particular things, and look at it as a whole. In very little time when most got burned out of repeating that, we discovered better ways to ease the load on things, such as the 'glorious' idea to make Glancing Blows only happen if the first check is not a Hit. That's just the beginning and I wish I could fan the idea more.

The only thing that's making this ride 'bumpy' is the fact we can't reach a fair consensus without another survey. Yike.

Hate how I'm being crucified when I was the one who put up like 6-7 balance-fu threads and didn't get more than a single reply on each. Shows how much the care fluctuates. I've tackled the points, just not in a single thread. After everyone's own opinions about it rather than condensing things into huge walls per post of people saying the same thing and not being helpful. Me included.

Multiple posts and OP have gone on about things we like and dislike about the changes while a lot of posts have focused on the fact that some are not satisfied with how evasion plays out right now. Your posts come off as incredibly dismissive when your response to people that feel like a reversion to the previous way of doing evasion might be the best choice, is by saying it wasn't possible / it won't happen because you disagreed with it and not something Dev has personally said he's not interested in doing. If you believe that won't get a slightly annoyed reply, then you need to take step back. 

It's entirely fine to have an opinion and get a bit heated over it, but outright denying people who have a certain mentality because you disagree with it is not fine to do when the option was given from the start. That's all I will really say on the matter as this thread has gotten derailed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Miller - 09-05-2021, 05:05 AM