Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
-I think the second miss should instead be 70% reduction on dodge.
>> So swapping Full Evasion with what Glancing Blow is (70-60% DR + Ignore all inflictions/skill effects)? I'd be down to at the very least test this.

-If the 1st roll is a miss and you are attempting a status infliction, your status infliction is cut in half for that check. (I.E, 180 infliction is treated as 90. Keep in mind this still goes against the status resist of the target- so that's not as high as it seems even if they only have FAI/SAN from APT!)
>> So Glancing Blows now only halve Status Infliction? I'd chime in and say they should reduce damage by 20% alongside that. I'd be down to at the very least test this.

-Basic attacks are no longer able to Glancing.
>> Yeh. It's not like basic hits have also to go through a critical check to even do any significant damage too, lol.

-DEF/RES are back up to full point effectiveness from before, +1 per scaled, not 0.9.
>> Yes. Either that, or make Heavy/Light Armors have some forms of damage reduction tied to them as I've spoke in another thread. 10% passive DR for Heavy, 5% passive DR for Light.

-CEL should give 2.5 evade per 1 scaled instead of 2 if all Hit/Evade numbers currently in-game are kept as they are.
>> I'd go for that to see what goes. I'm really down to either see 2.5 on CEL, or give LUC the 0.5 Evade that CEL would gain as a not so popular opinion.

-Revert Blind to how it functioned previously.
>> *SLAPS TABLE* Together we ride, brotherman. This particular change was awful and shoehorns everyone into going Kaelensia or bust. An insufferable amount of Kael chars have appeared out of blue thanks to this and how idiotic Fallenharn is. The only revert I wouldn't mind to be a hypocrite about with a mouthful. I had in sane mind that 'oh its not that bad, we can counter this with Kaminah Rob--'

"No. What? This should only rename Blind, lol. The effect doesn't change."

'...weh? But.'

"No."

So yeah. Of course it needs to be changed to be made less overbearing, for heaven's sake.

And there you have it. But again, as I commented before, we'd need Dev to be compliant for a review on the recent update about this seemingly not-so-okay results we've been getting after testing everything in public, hopefully without needing to rollback to the stone age, or rollback at all.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Fern, Shujin

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Snake - 09-06-2021, 12:23 AM