Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
As an elaboration on why I think the halved status infliction is more meaningful than it sounds, using 180 infliction as an example versus an Imperialist with 49 APT...

Glancing Blow would halve that 180, turning it into 90. The 49 APT Imperialist has 24% base status resist, not accounting for inks and other sources. (8 FAI 8 SAN)

Which means that chance to inflict would be roughly 66%.

Which I feel adds onto dodge being "high risk high reward" since you're still playing with dice at that point and there's a genuine chance of not getting inflicted because you dodged the attack, even if you didn't invest FAI or SAN and only have the bonuses from APT (which nearly every character does.)

Building a tank under the context of those proposed adjustments would mean that you normally don't have to play with the dice and are generally "safe", but have to put up with guaranteed status inflictions/on hits which can be pretty detrimental in some circumstances.

Mostly just providing examples as to why I think this is worth trying out - there's also the part where it's more rewarding to invest SAN on dodge builds with this. Since traditionally, you'd normally only see SAN in non-dodge builds.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Fern's post:
  • Balor, Shujin, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Fern - 09-06-2021, 12:31 AM