Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Edit] Remove crafting fees in general
(09-08-2021, 11:20 PM)Kazzy Wrote: The idea of increasing taxes based on LE is a terrible take. Crafter taxes were a terrible idea. Shopkeeper taxes were even worse because 'tax' implies that something is maintained.

In SL2, it's inflation. Not taxes.

In the real world, governments or other entities impose taxes to provide services. In games, taxes function as gold sinks to permanently destroy currency. This is necessary because currency is perpetually generated from things like winning battles and selling items to pawn shops. In a game like WoW, the gold sinks come in the form of repair costs and auction house fees. In SL2, they're in upgrading equipment and paying shopkeeper and crafting taxes.

While I agree that crafting taxes should be removed entirely, I also think that new/fresh players should be given a bit of a break to get on their feet while experienced players bite the bullet and pay higher rates than new players. We haven't even discussed figures yet, but in principle I think this is something most people can agree with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waive crafting fee for portable crafting tables - by Jeff - 09-08-2021, 11:26 PM