Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Edit] Remove crafting fees in general
(09-13-2021, 04:09 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: Taxes good, crafting taxes bad

This.

Trex, I understand where you're coming from in your argument against crafting taxes, but it seems like you're trying to sell me on the idea. I already agree with that sentiment, and have said as much. What I dislike is the intentional misrepresentation of my suggestion regarding lower rates for new players; it is nothing so complicated as taxes being imposed incrementally as you level up, or with each LE. Instead, simply, it is that a player who has not legend extended has a lower rate on all taxes than someone who has. That's it.

At present, renting 10 hours of a shop stall costs 20 murai. To illustrate an example of the differences, let's say...

Player who has NOT legend extended: 10 hours costs 16 murai.
Player who has legend extended: 10 hours costs 22 murai.

Right now, all players pay 1,440 murai to rent a shop stall for the maximum time. With this change, a new (i.e. non-LE'd) player would pay 1,152 for the maximum time, and everyone else would pay 1,584. 

Furthermore, let's assume that my proposition for housing rental is realized. For player convenience, I would like to see the maximum rental time be quadruple what a shop stall is: 2,880 hours, or 10 days in real time. Using the same rates, a new (i.e. non-LE'd) player would be paying 4,608 murai over a 10-day period to rent a house, and everyone else would be paying 6,336. 

I would even go so far as to suggest that your reputation with a town should influence your housing costs. That gives even more incentive to participate in black beast defense, if your home is in Dormeho or Tannis. In addition, you could even add NPCs to each town in the game, who would periodically request certain items, and upon turning them in a player would be awarded reputation. An example of a requested item might be an Accursed Remains Sanjin, because a kid accidentally lost his grandfather's sword and needs to replace it so he doesn't get in trouble. Or maybe a woman wants a Material Change Kit: Breezecloth for the dress she is to wear to a party this weekend. You get the idea, and there are others who are creative enough to think of more examples.

Finally, I have to reiterate that a lottery would be a fantastic way to delete money from the game while giving players something exciting to purchase and to think about. Just a percentage of the total collected tax money, awarded to the person who purchased a ticket whose number is called at the end of the week. Then we can't say there is no representation to our taxation!

But I'm getting a little outside the scope of the topic going into all this. To repeat the quote posted above, taxes good and crafting taxes bad. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Edit] Remove crafting fees in general - by Jeff - 09-13-2021, 05:47 PM