Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Edit] Remove crafting fees in general
The idea of housing taxes is not necessarily a BAD idea. However, personally, I don't think it would work well for SL2 as it is right now. As Trex said, people use alts to buy houses for their main, and houses aren't inherently a murai sink -- people have blank houses just vibin on the server. Additionally, houses fall into two categories roughly.

Personal houses, and

RP hubs

Some of us really want to make rp hubs to enrich the server experience, and I would argue too that they're a welcome, if not necessary addition. Taxing houses means that if you are late on even one payment, you lose your house permanently because of how cutthroat the housing market is. Farewell to that neat rp hub idea, because you've lost the spot due to IRL things. Not everyone spends several hours at a time every day on the game, and not everyone has the time to grind murai, esp if the establishment is fluff payment and doesnt take murai from players -- which ,from my experience, is most.

I agree too that a constant murai sink would be good, ONLY IF it is 1) beneficial and 2) is not a hassle to code in otherwise. Introducing a whole new system (ie a lottery) is rife with problems because BYOND's coding language is fussy at best and downright uncooperative most of the time otherwise. I am not saying the idea is bad; the system that the game is coded on is old and tired and introducing new mechanics is probably more hassle than its worth -- especially if it doesn't work out.

I wouldnt be opposed to Taxes (read: shopkeeper taxes) if they went somewhere worthwhile. Again, not keen on doordiving for six hours to chuck murai into the aether.

Forgive any spelling errors I am on my phone.
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Edit] Remove crafting fees in general - by KitKatarine - 09-13-2021, 07:29 PM