Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verglas and Skill-Slots
Verglas has some clear skill slot issues when it comes down to it, utilizing their kit in the intended class' fantasy will tax you a lot of skill slots very quickly, I'll go over one of my own builds that manages very barely to get over this flaw but not completely:

[Image: jG5B6Av.png]

This character, a papilion with 40 Scaled WIL and 60 scaled SKI, 15 scaled GUI, needs to use a tome to hit the amount of skill slots that I would be comfortable with, and 29 skill slots is a TONNNN of skill slots, like not everyone can achieve that much.

the tome is helpful towards specific spells in Bonder as well as it being a custom tome so I can pump out a knockdown when I need it. It doesn't really excuse that the class takes a massive amount of skill slots, to be clear here is my skill slot allocation:

Summoner: 2

Martial Artist: 6

Bonder: 7

Verglas: 16

Summoner itself and its promos don't tend to take a ton of skill slots, so it fits in well with the setup, but imagine needing that many skill slots on top of being like a Black Knight, Demon Hunter, Evoker or Priest, it doesn't work very well I can tell you that.

People like having variety in their kits and that's understandable, I thought of a way that would still have a cost to the verglas some time ago with a thread that detailed that certain skills in Verglas should have a 2nd rank that makes them cost no skill slots. Very similarly to the OP post.

https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...d=7226&

Basically:

Ice Point
Ice Point Guard
Ice Point Greaves

All these skills could have a 2nd rank that have more of a skill point cost for the efficiency of skill slots, there's no reason to not have that imo.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Shujin

Messages In This Thread
Verglas and Skill-Slots - by Shujin - 10-19-2021, 10:05 AM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by sadbot - 10-19-2021, 03:44 PM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by Lolzytripd - 10-20-2021, 12:12 AM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by sadbot - 10-21-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by Shujin - 10-22-2021, 09:29 AM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by sadbot - 11-02-2021, 11:02 PM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by Shujin - 11-06-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Verglas and Skill-Slots - by Autumn - 11-06-2021, 07:34 PM