Poll: Should there be an enforced roleplay ruleset for Korvara at the start?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Rules that everyone adheres to can make the roleplay more focused.
83.33%
25 83.33%
No. I don't want any rules to limit how I play the game like I usually do already.
16.67%
5 16.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset
Lightbulb 
Alright folks with the announcement of a chunky bit of content on the horizon, there has clearly been a lot of speculation and discussions made informally here and there and each player has their own valuable take and opinion. 
As there hasn't been any official rules made just yet differing from what we already have on our base continents. 
Perhaps there should be for an overall more unique experience to breathe some fresh air on our setting?

This thread will still be fairly casual as an open discussion with the community on how they would like to see the roleplay setting enforced on Korvara (if at all) so that in the near future the GM team and Dev can gauge how things could go forward.

RELEVANT LINKS
https://neus-projects.net/korvara/ - The future award winning expansion that you can play for FREE.

https://sl2.fandom.com/wiki/Server_Rules - Current server rules.

https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=5565 - Fleeing rules (likely to be brought up as we discuss PvP)

I'll start up our open discussion by bringing up three main points I want a handle on. If you've already discussed these points to some degree on another platform feel free to mirror your thoughts here.

1. PvP Prevalance - How should PvP be treated in Korvara when it comes to contesting points of authority (i.e. territory/leadership roles/IC power levels) 

2. OOC Grind Races - Assuming there's nothing to stop players from tagging themselves as (OOC) and choosing a spot to grind levels/items do we want to put a rule to stop this and get players to focus on roleplay in their perspective regions? 

3. Travelling - Assuming there's no real barrier to stopping players from just casually running everywhere in a minute. Should there be any rules to a player zipping back and forth each city/area without any limits?

Regarding my own personal take on these:

1. Assuming there's no caps on levels and every promotion class will be easily available, I think the current powerful metas already tried, tested and true will be mimicked and abused here so it will be very sketchy to have PvP battles always be the deciding factor for conflicts. As most people don't intend to roleplay a character that is 'weak' or to take their time with a natural levelling process IC for fear of being left behind, I believe that many races and class combinations will be highly similar to get an 'edge' on everyone else who chooses not to follow the trends.

1a. That said without any mechanical factors to limit how strong builds can and will be it feels like we may be tumbled towards combat-roleplay more than anything if players don't consent to fighting each other in PvP in conflicts when one clearly has a finished/tested build already i.e (Level 60 Promo Classes/Fully Geared) versus someone who does not.

1b. As a 'solution' I would personally prefer to have more powerful promotion classes balance-wise in the scheme of PvP to be locked behind GMs/Eventmins to add rarity and meaning to them. I'm certain a majority of our veteran players will have a very good idea on knowing which ones I mean. 

Then again I know people don't like being locked out of things and can be very shy when engaging with GMs and Eventmins which begs the questions that maybe Korvara may not be your cup of tea if it becomes more limited with classes for the sake of roleplay and setting.

2. Not much to say about this. I rather people not do this and take their time with the world that the mappers and Dev worked so hard on, keeping different areas fresh and new to an IC perspective as your characters travel and learn about different dangers and mysteries naturally. Even if an official rule was made for this, I don't think its feasible for GM's to monitor if people decide to do this at ungodly hours or expect players to snitch on each other.

3. I would prefer there be some sort of system to prevent players from being everywhere at once in the span of few a minutes. Again I would like to give more credit to the mappers and Dev for working hard on these areas and the lore that they embody. Players steamrolling through each city based on trends and activity can ruin that vibe. It would also give far more weight to where you are and what you can do to liven up the setting.

Those are my hot takes friends. Feel free to expand on them or argue the opposite if you'd like.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 8 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Akame, Autumn, Fern, HaTeD, Lewdcifer, Miller, Rexan, Shujin

Messages In This Thread
Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by K Peculier - 02-16-2022, 02:42 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Lolzytripd - 02-16-2022, 05:12 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Sawrock - 02-16-2022, 07:07 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Sawrock - 12-25-2022, 02:56 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Niezan - 02-16-2022, 02:57 PM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Shadbase - 02-16-2022, 03:30 PM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Autumn - 02-16-2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by FaeLenx - 02-16-2022, 08:40 PM