Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hyattr's abysmal fire breath
(06-11-2022, 05:38 PM)Trexmaster Wrote: I'd advocate for the second option proposed as I don't think it makes much sense for Fire Breath to benefit from SWA.

Same arguement can be made to Salamandra summoning flames from will. Why is the power of their random potentially ice based sword powering it up? It's not exclusive to tomes since it's considered a skill. My pick will probably remain on the first idea since I think firebreath should have value outside of channels. Even if we don't give it more damage via SWA, it needs to get more damage in general.

(06-11-2022, 05:38 PM)Trexmaster Wrote: I could also see Fire Breath's cinders getting a portion of Fire ATK added to their level, kind of weird that it doesn't scale at all with Fire ATK in its current iteration. Cinders aren't nearly as problematic as they used to be now that push/pull effects divide the damage.

We don't necessarily want the cinders to be too overwhelming. I think most of the problem just comes from the damage it deals as a whole. Buffing their cinder tiles doesn't fix the issue as a whole they underperform compared even compared to a non-meta firemage and will only make people saltier when a Hyattr busts it out in a teamfight, resulting in probably doubling back once again.

In the current state, firebreath is quite literally un-useable without channeling. Like I mentioned, Fir basically works the exact same but is better in every way to an unchanneled firebreath.

Even with channeling, which costs a full action, the damage just isn't getting to a level worthy of the Momentum and FP put forth.

It also means firebreathing potion is double useless on non-Hyattr cause not only can you not channel it, but unless you're already using sanctity, it's base damage will be around 45ish which is terribad, and I wouldn't mind seeing non-Hyattr busting out a decently strong firebreathing potion...It still costs 50 FP.

Messages In This Thread
Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-10-2022, 06:14 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Trexmaster - 06-11-2022, 05:38 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-11-2022, 07:37 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Autumn - 06-11-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-11-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Poruku - 06-12-2022, 10:16 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Snake - 06-16-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-16-2022, 08:03 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Snake - 07-13-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Shujin - 07-14-2022, 12:30 AM