Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hyattr's abysmal fire breath
(06-16-2022, 04:53 PM)Snake Wrote: Actually, I noticed it costs 50+ FP in some cases, so here's a hot idea to at least amend some of its gaps:

Quote:- Fire Breath deals bonus Hellfire damage equal to its FP cost.

- Channel Destruction increases damage by 15%. Inflicts 'Overwhelming Heat' on yourself and the enemy for 3 rounds.
>> Overwhelming Heat nullifies Fire absorption and inflicts Burn LV30 for 1 round, at the start of every round.

- Channel Magic increases damage by 15%. Inflicts 'Lingering Heat' on yourself and the enemy for 3 rounds.
>> Lingering Heat nullifies Fire Resistance (Fire Resistance is set to 0%) and nullifies Fire immunity.

It's just sad to see how Salamandras outperform Hyattrs, when the latter were the original pyromaniacs of SL2. Give the old boys a pat on the back, boss man! They kind of deserve it, serving more often than not as antagonistic rather than the pretty boy Salamandras who just look firey and cute. Most of the Hyattr players I've seen do kind of try to follow their lore as troublemakers, but when it comes to using their race's signature move, it gets vastly outperformed by a bunch of things.

It won't be a problem, really.
"costs 50+ FP in some cases" you mean all cases? The + being if you used it twice in a round, which isn't really worth it to begin with. Base Firebreath cost is 50FP, can't be reduced by efficiency since it's not a spell-type.

This is a very interesting take on buffing them though, certainly more creative than anything I can come up with. 50 extra hellfire damage at all times since it'll supposedly always cost 50FP. They'll certainly pack a punch with channels and have an interesting self inflicted downside.

Still, this set of ideas pushes that channeling is entirely required for firebreath to be worth anything, since 50 extra damage still doesn't outweight dropping 50FP and 3m by itself. I guess that's just their gimick in the end, and maybe it is silly to think of a Hyattr non-stop spewing 50 FP flames once a round to ever be a viable strat.

Messages In This Thread
Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-10-2022, 06:14 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Trexmaster - 06-11-2022, 05:38 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-11-2022, 07:37 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Autumn - 06-11-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-11-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Poruku - 06-12-2022, 10:16 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Snake - 06-16-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Bryce_Hego - 06-16-2022, 08:03 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Snake - 07-13-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Hyattr's abysmal fire breath - by Shujin - 07-14-2022, 12:30 AM