Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Take: A Class Design overhaul to incentivize people to make friends
Random strawman here:
I actually like the aspect of having the possibility of being so strong at some point that you can indeed solo much of the content. Thats the nature of RPGs really.

However I personally just do not like the speed in which that is achieved way too fast to reach the ceiling, and making "Role Archetypes" the only thing viable for one character at a time, like in games like ff14 Tank/Healer/2 DPS, is massively getting in the way of class creativty. So no I am against it. its not worth the effort for the change that I do not really perceive as enhancing for the roleplay experience. Way too limiting in my opinion.

Instead I would like to see new hardcore dungeons for late game, that are just so much harder than the normal ones, that you usually want a team. The wastes sound like a good place where those could be. or special raid bosses, on Necromancer level, were also very hard to Solo.

Because let us look at dungeon now (minus the wastes):
-The max level of monster is 60, so pretty much on par with players with less passives.
-normal encounters have 2-3 Monsters 3-5 with blood soaked, meaning your full party even outnumbers the enemies, especially with youkai/mercs
-you have a lot of recovery options, to maintain your Hp/Fp alone with food. So you rarely run out of steam.

Its kinda obvious WHY these dungeons do not need more than 1 Person to Solo once they have proper gear and class setup. So if the content is simply getting harder, that problem will already get mended in an in my opinion more beneficial way. Have dungeons with higher levels and more mobs spawn in, and people will have suddenly a lot harder time and thats not hard to do
Some of the current 60 dungeons could have a deeper layer/Chaos version of themselves. Where you encounter more and stronger enemies and maybe new super bosses, rewarding with better chests or other special things.

I think that be funner and easier to code. though I am also one of the people that thinks that Roleplay games do not nessecairly need to be 100% balanced like PVP games, so my opinion differs from others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hot Take: A Class Design overhaul to incentivize people to make friends - by Shujin - 07-11-2022, 03:48 PM