Poll: Glykins should pay the san tax
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PAY THE STAT TAX LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
71.43%
20 71.43%
I don't want to pay the tax because I have a Glykin
28.57%
8 28.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glykins - Making them invest in San for their best racial
Glykin since their many many many nerfs have been a lot more tame as of recent thankfully, due to their middling defensive stats they are unable to achieve really high numbers on DEF or RES, though I agree vaguely that the straight up poison immunity is a really strong trait they have, and it often makes people decide to use glykin for most builds, even the builds it doesn't fit stat wise, just for safety sake.

The race is very safe, you get a little bit of health regen, you get some decent base stats and you have complete immunity to poison regardless of your SAN being high or low. I don't think that steeping the cost of their immunity is a good idea, especially given that Glykin's racials can scale from 2 stats. But I would like it if Glykin had a downside to playing it, so its not just a better human in most regards.

Even something like a cold/dark weakness, -25% in one or -15% in both probably, could be enough to help balance the race out quite a lot. Make them more susceptible to their lizard heritage or corruption kind of thing, either way it would help set them in line as having a weakness for the boon of poison immunity.

But yes, glykin is good at denying the poison playstyle and should remain that way, but unlike Wyverntouched they do so with minimum investment for no tradeoff. Many people seem to have gripes with poison centered playstyles even though by most regards its actually really balanced, but that avenue shouldn't be closed off because there's a race that is just human but ignores poison + has a little status res.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[-] The following 7 users Like Autumn's post:
  • DankDarkSol, HaTeD, Imotepchief, Joseph Jostar, K Peculier, Snake, TCBlade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glykins - Making them invest in San for their best racial - by Autumn - 07-12-2022, 04:32 PM