Poll: Glykins should pay the san tax
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PAY THE STAT TAX LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
71.43%
20 71.43%
I don't want to pay the tax because I have a Glykin
28.57%
8 28.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glykins - Making them invest in San for their best racial
(07-12-2022, 11:56 PM)FaeLenx Wrote: Dullahan being used as an example for why a race is okay is never a good sign. It's a purposefully overtuned race that can do just about anything better than other races.

And those other races have some weakness or their strengths are things that they can build off of rather than things that strictly counter enemy choices. Also, saying that theno get sound attack for free is a hilariously based claim. It's true, but it doesn't matter. Even now that we have the literal singing classes, all sound attack has managed to do is overcome Acid to become the SECOND least used elemental scaling. Compare that with how useful poison immunity is.

Dullahan being on that list was not the point I was trying to make and if that's all you got from it then shrug. If 60 free sound attack is trivial or rather "doesn't matter" to you then I don't know what to tell you but my Theno says otherwise. Those weaknesses only apply to specific races and not all across the board. Kaelansians in example don't really have a weakness themselves (counting silver bullets is silly because not everyone is a gunner). Comparing poison immunity to any other racial trait that gives access to free buffs is quite valid if you ask me. I can sit here and do the same thing up above and complain about how it's unfair that Herons shut down anti magic builds completely or how it's unfair that by building 25 sanctity (or even none) Kaelansians can shut down any blind build or how Shaitans are immune to fear, hesitation, and charm but regardless does that make it a valid argument just because I want to try justifying it with reasons like "Wyverns need to build this and X and Y need to build that." and "I'd like to shoot them with poison arrows.". It's rather hypocritical to point out my Dullahan inclusion as an example and the OP is literally already comparing races lol. I am quite aware of Dullahans and what they can do. My point was simply to note that every race has their pros and cons. Glykin are not invincible because you can simply brush off poison as one. Nor do they make the obsolete race for any build. There are many methods to builds and battle. A lot of things work against them. If it were the case where it was impossible to work around their racial and injure them in general, I would completely understand but such is not the situation. I would also like to point out that Glykins already are forced to build sanctity if they want higher HP regen and it too caps out at a fixed number.
[-] The following 2 users Like PantherPrincess's post:
  • HaTeD, TCBlade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glykins - Making them invest in San for their best racial - by PantherPrincess - 07-13-2022, 03:28 AM