Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
The Great Horses Suggestion
[Image: MlZNeZe.png]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thread Song for browsing pleasure

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the ultimate thread that ends all horse-suggestion threads. 

Many individuals wanted horses, but for many years, they've never came to fruit.
And thankfully, I wasted three days making this.

This is the ultimate thread that ends all horses and horse-related accessories.

For those wanting to look at the google drive, there's link in this thread: 

Proceeding forward, this thread is to discuss all horses, and horse-related suggestion.
But unlike others, I have my own suggestion I rather make. And it comes in this literal thread.
Without further ado, have a horse.
[Image: IyA4Bgz.gif]
So how many horses are there that I've made? Well if you looked into the drive I've posted all my horses to; Currently as of this writing (7/31/2022), there is five horses. 
Four with different colors, one without a saddle. These will be completely relative, and actually explains what goes down in this thread.
We'll start off with the suggestion I'm going from my own angle.
TALENT
[Image: kqn3N5b.png]
Horse-riding
I am not big fan of locking horses behind a class, or making horses any weirder for players to access. Rather, I rather horses be accessible by all classes. And so I thought of horse-riding
Horse-riding should ideally have 2 SP for every talent point invested. In the tree, there is following rows the player should see;
Riding - One Skill-rank investment
Unlocks the ability to summon, and ride a horse. The player gains 50% movement speed while mounted on the horse.
Weight - Five Skill-rank investment
Increases the Weight forgiveness by 10% * SR (Allows you to go at full-speed pass encumbrance limit) 
Speed - Two Skill-rank Investment
Increases the movement speed when riding a horse by additional 25% * SR (Up to double speed of player character running)
Of course, players that cannot squeeze this into their build for MAXIMUM SPEEDRUNNING, can instead take a trait-alternative, but they are locked at 50% speed regardless, and will a special horse variant that have no saddle on it (Wild Horse)
TRAIT
[Image: sMpoXga.png]
Horse Whisperer
10 base LUC, 10 base GUI req.
Your calming presence, and your good fortune calm down the wild horse, and would not see you as a threat. You gain the ability to summon, and ride a wild horse, but you cannot go any faster than 50% movement speed when traveling. In addition, you do not gain weight forgiveness as well.
RESTRICTIONS
We're trying to balance a suddenly fast player, and it would be useful to prevent them from doing few things.
My suggestion is thus;
- Players cannot ride a horse in dungeons. (Yes you can't ride in the Wastes)
- Players cannot ride a horse in houses (Player-houses are an exception)
- Every 15-20 tiles cover drain physical and mental stamina by 1? (Mayhaps?)
- Alternatively, no limitations on tile-movement draining stamina. Just first two is fine.

[Image: XDo90hy.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like Skullcatrons's post:
  • Autumn, DogmaticDusk, Fern, K Peculier, lalchi, MarktheUnlucky, Poruku, Sawrock, Shadbase, Snake

Messages In This Thread
The Great Horses Suggestion - by Skullcatrons - 07-31-2022, 04:56 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Snake - 07-31-2022, 05:10 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Skullcatrons - 08-01-2022, 03:37 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Dezark - 08-01-2022, 01:17 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Poruku - 01-19-2023, 04:05 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by firehawk11 - 01-20-2023, 05:39 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Skullcatrons - 07-13-2023, 08:56 PM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Fern - 07-14-2023, 12:00 AM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Poruku - 07-14-2023, 04:31 AM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by firehawk11 - 07-16-2023, 09:33 AM
RE: The Great Horses Suggestion - by Skullcatrons - 04-09-2024, 03:16 AM