Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monk- Ki Reawakening
Monk has a few things that need a retouch but I want to focus exclusively on one skill that lost its bite ever since GR.

Ki Awoken is a skill thats very fun, but pretty much almost never effective to use, dispite being a huge stat stick because you never really outdo the damage you take yourself and a lot of MAs range has also dropped with the Shukichi nerd and so its alot easier to outplay on top of that now.

The costs for it are ramping up too fast, and too high for it to be every truly useful. The only times I do actually see it used in a 'useful' way is by selfstun abuse and mayelia armor and thats kinnnnda lame (I say as someone who abused the hell out of it). So I would like to suggest a Reimagination of the skill that keeps the risky nature but has the good increase of power in mind.

So I suggest a few changes that I think would make it interesting:
  • -HP drain starts at 1% HP and increases by +1% per round (caps at Ki Awoken Rank(or rank*2 I think rank is fine 5% is nothing to scoff at), so with spirit 6. gives you the option for less stats for less costs)
  • -Change the Stun mechanic based on Ki/2 per round (30 KI=15% stun chance on round start)
  • -Raise KI cap to 60 (this means stronger finisher moves if you GAMBLE to get up there or get stunned)
  • - Add a 60 Ki 'Reward' to Setting Sun/Kadouha to spiff them up a bit more (probably wanna cap setting suns range/damage less we get an actual map wide sun nuke)
  • -Shukichi range is doubled when used in Ki Awoken (To show their speed increase, and have geldoren back to atleast reaching its own knockback, possibly Dense thunders too)
  • -Stun will always end the effect and reset your Ki to zero while in Ki Awoken. (possible counter play with stuns)

This opens two Ki awoken playstyles. The "I gamble for big number-but risk just falling over!" style, or the style that keeps using Ki the whole time to try and keep themselves from self stunning for more consistent stuff. Also makes the Mayelia abuse less predictable thing but still useful as I do not think the effect itself is a problem here.

Of course there are also better ways to make it more interesting, but I thought it be a start to make it strong again for the price it has. Feel free to post your own ideas however.

Edit:
Ideas for Setting sun, turn it blue at 60 Ki, totally not Genkidama. Blue flames hotter. thats the only reason. Believe it

Messages In This Thread
Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Shujin - 08-05-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Snake - 08-05-2022, 06:04 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Shujin - 08-05-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Snake - 08-05-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by renowner - 08-06-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Shujin - 08-07-2022, 07:49 AM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by sadbot - 08-07-2022, 09:03 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Autumn - 08-07-2022, 09:52 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Snake - 08-07-2022, 11:53 PM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by Shujin - 08-08-2022, 03:02 AM
RE: Monk- Ki Reawakening - by sadbot - 08-08-2022, 07:21 AM