Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength (and I guess willpower) based basic attack crit fishing is a trap
It is simply a trap, a trap that feels good when you forsake any hope of defensive options but a trap none the less.

Stapling crit damage to guile is a tax that makes going crit fishing on a strength (or willpower I guess) build a statistical debt hole deeper than the current housing market.

let me run it down for you

You pay the aptitude tax since we all know we're going into a bunch of stats here.

You pay papa's skill tax to actually hit things

You pay the Strength tax (or willpower I guess, you're weird for using your excelgraph like this, the manic slasher is fine tho)

You stare into the crit void and cry, paying the luck tax.

You look at your sad handful of stats left...If you put them into defensive stats you could maybe survive a little bit, not a lot, but a bit.

Then you realize without Guile your crits are weaker than any of those fancy skills that use -gasp- over 100% of your swa. Oh lord, heck, you can even just stay where you are and just slap on the redgull badge and add your lightning attack to the damage too, heck some of those skills already scale on elemental attack aswell and do so much more than your crits without guile.

You come to your senses, you're a true unga bunga, you don't use skills unless its power grad, ether invitation or geldoren, or some other basic attack+, so you put your points in guile, enough that you can finally say that you are going diamond hands to the moon on the gambling stock market of crit damage, finally soaring above -most- swa scaling skills.

You look at your paltry left over stats, weep a little, and spread them between vit and san, atleast your health pool gives you a false sense of bravado that maybe, just maybe, you can get into range to unga bunga your opponent.

TLDR
Give strength crit damage too, and accept that people who are dumb will probably just double dip it and guile for big dopamine numbers and still die because they have very few defensive options.

or

Take away crit damage from guile, it does enough things now with flanking, farshot, and skill slots to really need crit damage as an identity and return to monkey, going back to Pre GR 200% base crit modifier +weapon and passives.

The only time I had fun as a strength crit build was by committing tax evasion with cruel commander and extend void, so I could actually afford defensive options.

Messages In This Thread
Strength (and I guess willpower) based basic attack crit fishing is a trap - by Lolzytripd - 09-26-2022, 03:15 AM