Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength (and I guess willpower) based basic attack crit fishing is a trap
I agree that going for a critical damage build takes way too many stats. And also feel that its bullshit that lightning critical skills no longer need guile, still have talents to raise the damage multiplier, and are just better than actual criticals a lot of the time, without needing guile.

However i think that giving critical damage to strength could be problematic since strength also adds to your health pool. At the same time. . .

Daggers are amazing as a crit tool, as are guns because: They don't need strength, they don't kneed wil. They have the stats necesarry to do well without ruining their build overall. Axes are supposed to be an amazing crit weapon too, but its very hard to actually get to that point without sacrificing a lot of your luck and using a berserker shell or something.

Both of the proposed options I don't really like, though. Daggers and guns can't be two handed for more power, unless they're mutated into something else, which takes an enchantment slot. So letting the already better weapons do criticals so well, so easily could be very problematic too.

Really, i'd just want str scaling weapons and wil scaling weapons to have a higher base critical damage rate across the board.

Tldr:
Str getting a bit of critical damage multiplier is maybe fine, but it shouldn't be as much as guile at all. maybe like how skill gives half as much crit as luck.
Giving str scaling weapons and maybe wil scaling weapons slightly more critical multiplier baseline would also be fine. Most weapons starting at 110% or so is pretty lame.

Upping the base critical multiplier of bows, axes, swords, spears, and tomes, maybe fists (or at least whip tomes) would also be fine, since they all scale with str/wil to begin with anyway.

Honestly my personal preference would just be to set them up to 130% Base critical damage multipliers, I don't think that'd break anything other than excel weapons, but people already abuse those and if we had an excel dagger you know everyone would be using it.

Axes will still be crit kings with their talent that boosts critical damage, and their weapon part that does the same. Could still maybe have a small bit of variety between them all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strength (and I guess willpower) based basic attack crit fishing is a trap - by renowner - 09-26-2022, 09:56 PM