Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Conflict and GM Intervention
I wasn't one of the people who took part in the Siege when it came into play in the end, but I atleast watched the turn out that began upon it for the start at the very least and was kept up to date on bits where possible on things.

I do admit i'm not entirely fond of the ultimate decision for it, and I knew atleast from what I was told; there were alot who were unhappy with it, and it does feel atleast in the sense where we drive a majority of the decisions some things we're honestly a bit of a mess following it with how we could at the time. There was a very large amount of conflict that followed through this all, both ICly and OOCly on it for things that were said and responded to; and there were rough bits through it all.. I could only really understand atleast one major part that played out of it was the OOC disagreement that followed since the two biggest conflicting players in the entire seige were not pleased with how the opposing side took to things. (I.E actively using the nation army as a defensive measure to prevent outside help, going from the moment they left Fairview to make a plan and actively seeking contact with others [Astral] to assist with the regard since in a sense of player wise, we have very few in term of it naturally; so the merchant city leader's took to means of forming deals with others to gain allies for this.) and it was met with clear unhappiness atleast toward the end of it from the major two of Fairview side.

Now I honestly get wanting to try and make things fair, cause in term of response of it as what been said on the OOC standpoint of things; Fairview had expected Meiaquar to answer with atleast 4 players, to the entirety of thier village; and to quote what I have been told and shown from the beginning of the conflict when things were informed to Fairview. "We'll beat you all easy, you can't do anything." (not the exact words mind you, but in that general sense. Anyone from either side who reads this that was in the chat specifically during that is free to correct me on that.) while Fairview had, before people chose to actually stand down while the claims of "we're going to be executed anyway!" was said (no one even said this was the case icly; just what was rolled with.) and that standing with them would result in the same for them. (Again, never a case actually proven on that regard.) So I have to be honest.. I understood wishing to make it fair for them so that it felt equal in some way.. but even at the end of it all, the response to the first day of the siege was most of Fairview standing down, drama occuring oocly over things and a argument over who won because the response of the RP to "Team 2 falls back so the next team can enter." for the sake of everyone to be able to get rest at the time, was to heal your team mates and claim you were the victors because you were choosing to revive people suddenly after the entire matter.

I will say again, I wasn't there physically myself to witness and even give remark on this due to my own personal reasons IRL, but I was kept up to date and watched thanks to a stream a friend had of it for others to see who couldn't be there at the time.. but I feel at that point alone, the matter of things being kept "fair" should of been put in deep consideration.

I ultimately gave my peace as suggestion for GMs when it was asked in the higher up channel of Meiaquar and just mention that they're considering such, and I honestly understood wanting to make things fair specifically; for the rest of Fairview, and that I find was fine for discussion to happen and such on that ultimately among whoever was there.. but I do agree that giving the wave off specifically to the ones' who started it all with a slap on the wrist and a "your exiled from here, leave now." with that ruling being a big part of what started this all to begin with.. wasn't the best call still.

Ultimately, I didn't have much say on it, I know it was left to Meiaquar leaders for who was brought in and I respect that and the ultimate decision that was come to between those chosen for Meiaquar and Fairview to kinda work to this compromise; and I know in the long run, this is still all stuff that being sorted out since we never really took the chance until now to try and piece together a nation vs nation/settlement/etc situation that wasn't ran by GMs or Eventmins themself but I will still be honest with the regard that I feel it could of been done a bit better in some way.. atleast in the sense that it understood ultimately that it not GM team holds the final decision in every major action done in the RP given matters on that atleast personally, since I'd presume (and i'm once again going off what I know what was wanted in the return of Fairview winning in the end..) that something as major as the deaths of several high ranking members would of caused just as much of a spark in disagreement as this, or possibly given a chance as it was seen as fair does not quite settle well for me atleast in the long run.

A short version of this.. I feel like Ash and Yuri should of gotten a harsher punishment honestly, I said before that I don't mind if we gave the rest of Fairview a slap on the wrist for it ultimately after we spoke to them; but making it clear that the actions of two "leaders" that lead to the build up of this all (logs can be given of that as well for the entire conversation leading to fairview "independence" and what sparked the conflict) should of ended in a term that honestly showed our actions in RP will have consequences, same if we were to commit a jail break or assault a leader figure or anyone else in game, it'd give us the same consequences tha we would have to honestly accept on that matter even if we don't like it. It was enforced that way on the Main Land in the same sense that (even very rarely) that a execution was decided by the Guard Commander; or a character was locked away for thier actions that it was accepted and the punishment served or taken. Otherwise people will honestly not take it to heart for that, and I understand as well with the attachment to characters especially those we play frequently and the wish to not lose them but there still a moment in time I honestly feel when we need to accept biting that bullet for it. Otherwise it only gets used as an excuse to hurt more people with the ideal belief that it won't matter what happens in the end; because the result following it will be the same, and that a slap on the wrist is all they'll get for saying or doing whatever they ultimately wish and that shouldn't be the case in any way shape or form.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dezark's post:
  • BluestStark, Treantfence

Messages In This Thread
Conflict and GM Intervention - by Anhita - 10-21-2022, 03:22 AM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by Illumi - 10-21-2022, 03:43 AM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by Dezark - 10-21-2022, 08:40 AM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by BluestStark - 10-21-2022, 08:40 AM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by Dystopia - 10-21-2022, 08:45 AM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by Bylamir - 10-21-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by lordpidey - 10-21-2022, 03:17 PM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by Lolzytripd - 10-21-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Conflict and GM Intervention - by lordpidey - 10-21-2022, 04:12 PM