Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distribution of power, responsabilities, stress & others.
As more time passes and nations evolve from their starting stages, I've personally noticed a problem that has been slowly creeping up to some, mainly role-holders of a medium-high degree. Leaders, sub-leaders, whatever else: The fact that they are the sole holder of absolute power.

From an IC perspective, this can be a reasonable position to be put in due to the culture of the region, how power has developed, how their politics work, et cetera- However, from an OOCly level, it comes with it's own can of worms, one of them being, of course:

Overworking.

Like the erosion caused by the passage of time, being the sole focus of power brings with it an almost comically evil amount of paperwork, responsabilities and what-not, which from the perspective of the early days, should be what one expects when signing up for the role. However, it becomes apparent that even those with a good amount of mental fortitude can crumble to what can be described as: Dealing with the customers of your run of the mill supermarket on a daily basis, complaints included.

Every mishap, down to not being clear, can cause a domino effect so horrendously large that the speck of a problem that started the chain can escalate into a boiling pot of heated discussions, complaints, vitriol at the lowest points- You name it.

Is there an easy fix for this problem? Hell no, not one that is apparent to me, but there are ways to ease it up.

This is the reason I made this thread, to propose:

SPREADING THE POWER TO A GROUP, ALLOWING THE BLOWS TAKEN ON A POLITICAL, SOCIAL AND GENERAL LEVEL TO BE LESSENED SIGNIFICANTLY.

This would allow a more 'chill' experience when it comes to investing yourself into your role, getting second opinions for a major decision, (hopefully) let complaints about something to be tackled as an effort of a team, et cetera.

The cons are clear, however, as in a OOCly level the difference of goals, objectives and philosophy might cause an even bigger headache if it ends up becoming another source of overwork, stress, blah blah.

While, from my forgetful view, some nations have already done this to a certain degree, I would like to see how ALL nations would fare if they had more than one or two leaders taking the toll of leadership- This would also go for other important roles, too. Medical, social, trade, external and internal affairs, all of which will be in the same double-edged sword situation that was mentioned above.

At the end of the day, this is a suggestion thread, but I would like to hear the experiences those who hold the ranks I've mentioned and how they have taken such experiences- If they have gone through it, that is. It is important to remember ourselves that above all else:

1) This is not a job, nor should it be taken as one. Some of you already have to struggle with an ACTUAL job, so worrying to an extent where you mental health is on a steep decline into oblivion is not the right way to take it.

2) Above all else, DO NOT become the metaphorical battery to those around you. Giving away your finite 'charges' will only lead you into a path of burnout.

Do also suggest how you could help lessen this, too. I'm just praying that this problem can be solved before it becomes too much or it does irrepairable damage to the ecosystem we currently have.

on a side note i deadass hope i didnt get lost in tha sauce with this one augh 
[Image: psycholonials-andrew-hussie.gif]
Another homestuck in this hussie of a world.
[-] The following 4 users Like the homestuck man himself's post:
  • Frozen, Maromar158, Shadbase, Soul_Hacker

Messages In This Thread
Distribution of power, responsabilities, stress & others. - by the homestuck man himself - 01-27-2023, 03:03 AM