Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distribution of power, responsabilities, stress & others.
Just wanted to point out that regardless of how they feel, in any place (not even just SL2), people can and will keep their positions of power regardless either due to martyr/Jesus complex, fear of being ostracized/criticized for "weakness" or "failure", or because they just like being in power but don't care about the responsibility fully.
Despite not being in any sort of power in Korvara (and thank god in retrospect), I've gotten the first two in both Sigrogana and Korvara, and I know a few leaders (past and present) have also dealt with at least ONE of those things, so this isn't new nor is it just simply "gone" because of Korvara's new systems.

There is a lot, and I mean a LOT more than just the process of leaving a role IC, because the community can be a massive role and even stress at times the moment you even consider leaving. The roles in Korvara are entirely without restriction by Dev or the GMs (in the sense of being made and chosen), and if leaders could take the moment to consider what Kaw is saying to help lighten the load on themselves as well as others, it'd be benefiting EVERYONE. These roles are stressful IC and OOC, even for people who aren't in power at times.

I just want to say, and probably in a bit more mother-ly caregiver way than Pyro said:
Please, consider your OOC health and mental stability over your IC duties. There's nothing wrong with a break. There's nothing wrong with delegation. There's nothing wrong with quitting. People will say and do whatever in response, but if it's rude or outright disrespectful, ignore them. It doesn't matter, and neither do they. What matters is how you feel, your comfort, and especially your fun. SL2 is a game, and not a job regardless of how it feels. The majority of the whole reason I stopped playing Korvara for a while was because of the constant politics I was enduring due to empathy and being the mom friend OOCly is why I needed a break, and it feels much better to have just stopped all of that and gone AWOL on my two Korvara characters.

I know the FOMO can be real with BYOND RP games in general as well, and I get it a lot as well, but getting over and coping with that feeling is important too. I got summoned as a witness for Sigrogana once while I was at the store with my mom, and my mom was not very happy with the fact I was having a panic attack over the fact I wasn't home to immediately do that. It shouldn't have to be that way - if things happen, they happen, and IRL matters more for the sake of your well-being.

Do what you have to do to make your IC life easier, even if that means quitting a role that you cannot stand for one reason or another. In the end, the people who matter will always understand why you did what you did, and you will feel much better down the line.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Shadbase's post:
  • MegaBlues, Poruku, Shujin, Snake, the homestuck man himself

Messages In This Thread
RE: Distribution of power, responsabilities, stress & others. - by Shadbase - 01-28-2023, 04:07 AM