Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
The problem with this is that it's a tale as old as time within the community.

This tends to happen - the GMs give a vague overview of what they've determined you to have done, and then give you the statement of "we hope you take a week to reflect and improve", and I'll be honest, when things are secretive in the first place, taking this moral high ground is insulting. Especially when there has been times where logs that were poorly censored - enough to make it easy to tell who GMs were displaying stuff about specifically - to prove a point when the GMs needed to, which just feels like a case of double standards being shown. Those screenshots would come under the same blanket harassment case, and yet they were allowed out. It's this concerning, hazy back and forth between "we can't tell you much" and "we're going to release a whole manifesto" that makes it easy to feel, as a community, like we don't know how the GMs are going to treat us if they believe we're not up to standard.

Another thing is, as another person touched upon, "collecting evidence". I have on record that this has been months in the making - and yet also caught early. So I pose a question. After the GM mention of assuming everyone wanted healing, why was this a case of continuing to build up a case of a ban for months after you knew there was a problem brewing. Where were the attempts to help these players correct course if you saw it earlier? If you knew it was a problem months ago, why was it just... sat on? That is a deeply concerning thing for me to think about, really - because it sets a worrying precedent that in spite of a need for "healing" the team would rather build up evidence to take people down than engage in mediation. These investigations of months long are in themselves problematic - that's not early. It's really, really not.

I want to have faith in the team that guides us, and on a personal level am friends with some of you, but on a strictly communal level, I hope you can understand from what I'm presenting why there's an us versus them mentality in the first place for the community. It's a lack of proper communication, and the fact that these kind of "hunt" like investigations don't seem to come with attempts to mediate along the way.

I hope this can change, personally.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 8 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Deathly, Dezark, Frozen, HaTeD, Mewni, Shadbase, Snake, Toffee

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by WaifuApple - 03-03-2023, 01:52 PM