Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
This is under the presumption that the accused are always aware of the particular logs that they're expected to refer to as evidence of wrongdoing, and the ban appeals existed before the statement from the GMs, so I believe that it's a little shortsighted to come to an assumption. The GMs don't share these logs with the person, so when you're left with every server you're in and every set of DMs as a playing field for "well, you did this blanket thing", those shared 'logs' aren't exactly going to pop out. Especially when those logs could be, for all we know of the accused, one part of a conversation that was actively more mellow when you add proper context. There's a lot, in the vagueness of the situation, that can lead to a response of 'I don't get it', or 'But I didn't do anything out of line with the rest of the community'. In the latter part, presuming that the rest of the community is also displaying negative tendencies and you're one of the few to be pulled out and punished, the waters get incredibly muddy because you can genuinely not see what you've done wrong when it's mired in the fact that it was standard community behaviour, and seemingly normal.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 5 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Frozen, Mewni, Revy, Roland_Staghare, Toffee

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by WaifuApple - 03-03-2023, 03:58 PM