Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
Regardless if the bans are warranted or not, the way they happened and were responded to were crude, disrespectful, and outright very clearly disagreeable. This is what the majority of people here are actually talking about given we have no say on a person's ban, regardless of true or false. It's only coming up because of how highly problematic this situation immediately was, and because the players are actually getting up in arms, not just sitting back and going "well I can't fight the GMs", which is what a majority of people actually do when they're banned, beyond making an appeal.
I quite literally barely know Lumi or Aegis, but if it was just them without the people and they still fought for it? Yeah, I'd be supporting their message of the GMs not giving them any information as to why they were banned. The GMs are the accuser, and they bear the weight of delivering the proof as much as the verdict.
And that goes for every single ban ever to happen. Everyone deserves an actual explanation of "you did this wrong, and this is why you're in trouble now", just as everyone deserves actual warnings before they're banned so they can actually correct their behavior. A post saying "well this is an explanation of what the ban messages mean" without expressly showing what was wrong is a nothing sandwich. Mewni, Lumi, Aegis, and Croakie were made examples of.
These things don't even have to be explained to the public. But they SHOULD be explained to the people being banned.

And it's exactly what I just said, too. Dismissing valid criticism of the way the GM team mishandles a situation because "omg the GMs are being harrassed!". Nobody in this thread wants to harass the GMs - hell a lot of people in this thread are -friends- with the GMs. If you see someone trying to do that you should beat them to death, quite frankly.
Bootlicking for either side does nothing for the situation, and nothing for the people involved.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Shadbase's post:
  • Frozen, Mewni, Revy, Toffee

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by Shadbase - 03-03-2023, 04:09 PM