Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
Over the last few months I have been privy to much, matters that could have been handled better, calmer and it has been an interesting read for both 'sides' of this particular topic and with such media consumed, though I don't think my opinion on this holds too much weight, I would feel remiss if I didn't express it, at least a little.

It is never really my desire to involve myself in matters of politics or leadership things these days, as such always comes with its elements of undue stress and aggrevation from people who don't agree with decisions, a fact that holds true to staff near constantly, though as someone who has been an administrator to various communities, who's had to explain himself, commit bans and deal with both problem individuals and those unjustly accused, I will say that no matter the decision a staff member makes, there will be backlash.

Being too lenient or two heavy handed is certainly easy to do and will lead to bitter reaction, but it is wise to keep in mind that GM's are not out to get you, they must take what information is available to them and make decisions that they know are going to cause irritation, but do so ultimately to attempt to improve the gameplay experience for the community.

I do believe that more specific notes as to the reason for said bans would have likely done much to alleviate this current topic, but to state that you can't communicate with staff because they haven't responded to a dm within a short span of time is just disingenuous, as is attempting to patsy and deny all wrong doing. It does sometimes happen that innocent people are swept up in such situations, but proper attempts at communication and not simply angry rebuttle, is always more condusive to getting a positive resolution to any given situation.

At the end of the day, systems and courses of doing things can always improve, but people are fallible, mistakes can be made, even unrealized, but the us verses them mentality serves no good purpose and approaching such situations with intent to improve, rather than simply defend, will always bring about better outcomes, in my opinion.

Thank you for reading if you took the time.
[-] The following 7 users Like Imotepchief's post:
  • Balor, Dezark, Dystopia, Lv9Slime, Moku203, Soul_Hacker, Toffee

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by Imotepchief - 03-03-2023, 09:29 PM