Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
(03-03-2023, 09:20 PM)Shadbase Wrote: It'd be nice to have the GM liking all the posts to also step in and calm down the situation too, instead of relying on a normal player, but I guess they're probably too stressed out to despite that.

But that's not to say that there aren't things against the players too. The problem is when you automatically assume the worst of people you don't even know. Like I've said before, and will say again no matter how passionate I'll have to get:
If you're caught ERPing on game.
If you're caught trying to doxx someone.
If you're caught bug abusing.
If you're caught harassing someone.
If you're caught doing literally ANYTHING against the rules.

You deserve a full explanation explaining why. Not some copy pasted from the last ban blanket message, and not a forum post meant to be a vague Tumblr-esque callout post that doesn't actually explain anything about why you were banned, just stoking the irons in the fire for the community to continue to spread rumors.

I didn't step in prior because there wasn't any harm in letting a discussion continue its' logical course so long as nobody got inflammatory or particularly destructive. 

I believe it's been stated in numerous posts from the staff what our policies are and why, and the rationale behind such.
It was also stated in very clear and well-articulated terms by another poster in this very thread.

Which I appreciated, thus I liked their posts and didn't feel the need to echo what had already been said, as there was nothing I could add to or correct about it. 

As for your points, I wholeheartedly agree, in most of those cases we do give people clear, full explanations of why they were banned. 

Unfortunately the last several cases where there's been an uproar in response to a ban, they've been harassment-related bans. Thus our policy is what it is, and we stick to it.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Dystopia's post:
  • Autumn, Balor, Dezark, Soul_Hacker

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by Dystopia - 03-03-2023, 09:33 PM