Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
(First post on forums so if I do something wrong/don't do something as effectively in this post I apologize, I just kind of want to put my two cents in... even though those two cents are all over the place) 

I'm incredibly biased for the Hearth as I'm someone who joined The Hearth on day one of my SL2 adventure, and the people there have been nothing but good and helpful to me for these past couple of months. It's likely that if I hadn't joined The Hearth I would have not come to enjoy SL2 as much as I currently do. So it kind of confuses me to see Mewni mention it in this whole situation and try to claim that we do the same things that they supposedly did but worse. The Hearth and SL2 at this point only really shares members. From what I've seen and have been told it use to  be a thing in G6 but it's mainly defunct as an in-game thing and is now mostly just a hang-out spot for friends. Like Lachi said, SL2 is still brought up commonly, as most of us play it. So yes, we vent about current events going on in SL2, like current storylines, or drama that goes on. We even talked about the four people getting banned wondering what the hell had happened. This is all normal for a group of friends to do, Mewni's group does this as well as they say this in their response "venting is the most harm that came out of this." The Hearth is in the same boat, venting is about as much harm as we do over here and half the time we are stopping ourselves from doing so unless it gets to a boiling point. Venting is healthy, venting is how we stop ourselves from saying something stupid later. So being able to do this in a safe environment with buddies is great. 

Mewni trying to deflect everything they did onto The Hearth really shows why the GMs made the decision they made. So personally I don't see anything wrong with what the GMs did. Especially since they seemed to act within how they usually do. Blade didn't get communicated with prior to his ban for harassment, so why should special treatment be given to the Donna and her people? 

Despite saying this I hope to see the four people who got banned continue to play and hope they don't decide to quit because of all of this. I personally really enjoy the Yakuza and like the almost "Rival gang" feel I've been feeling in Meiaquar lately! A Don vs Donna situation sounds like it could be really fun- if everyone oocly could get along. 

- And sorry that this is all over the place I just felt like putting my two cents out there as one of the people involved with the Discord Group.

Edit- Frozen is right- I can't actually say whether or not Mewni and the others deserved what they got, since none of us have the information we'd need to determine that. So I'll take that back, However I do hold still that the GMs were just acting how they usually would act and they really didn't do anything wrong within the guidelines they have. Should these guidelines change? Maybe, maybe not. I don't actually have an issue with the guidelines whether they do change or not so that's not the horse in this race that I'm gonna bet on.
[-] The following 2 users Like 1starbob's post:
  • Dystopia, Lv9Slime

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by 1starbob - 03-03-2023, 11:19 PM