Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
If Blade didn't get communicated with prior to his ban, maybe he should have. I don't think there's so much argument over whether the ban was deserved or not, but moreso how the ban itself was handled. It's not a good habit to justify our game's due process as how it is because "these guys probably deserve it".

Of course, whether they deserve the ban or not is a different discussion altogether. I think a lot of folks need to get kicked in the pants and go touch some grass if only for no other reason than to remind ourselves people don't normally act out on each other like this. Hell, I know I could have used a break after hopping out of the Duke role. It's a really interesting change in perspective once you realize you don't have any obligations anymore.

We can't say whether they deserve the ban or not though because we as the peanut gallery lack much of the context, though I've also always been an "innocent until proven guilty" kind of guy. If there's proof of guilt, there's not really much to see in that circumstance save for Croakie's case (which I will add, kudos to her for owning up to the harassment charge and I only wish the best with her not being in the video game for a week). That's always been my point of contention anyway. I won't be so bothered if WE don't get to see any more. I just want the people who were hit with the ban to be able to say "I know why they banned me". EVEN if it's followed by "but I don't agree with it".

I have to admit that I feel the same kind of paranoia that Cereza had mentioned earlier. I have asked before if GMs might see me in the same light/investigation and I've been told at least by one GM that they don't think there's anything I've done wrong. While I appreciate the feedback, there's still the idea that it could happen out of the blue because I didn't think I've done any wrong either. What if there's a discussion one day about me in the GM channel and it eventually COMES to a unanimous decision about me? I don't want to have to keep asking GMs the same question every so often to make sure I'm in the clear.

I will refer again to the suggestions that were posted in here several pages ago... Things like transparency and good faith is something I'd like to see from BOTH halves of the coin. I've spoken to you guys before and I know there are some folks who can be civil. It's very easy for even those folks to fall into the group mentality of disdain. We really don't need to be throwing tomatoes at each other and start figuring what kind of solutions we can use. Of course, input from the GMs as well for what I'm saying is very handy as well.
[-] The following 9 users Like Frozen's post:
  • 1starbob, Anhita, Asellia, DancesWithMoths, Deathly, Mewni, Roland_Staghare, Toffee, Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by Frozen - 03-03-2023, 11:53 PM