Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
Hey, so, to the admins:

I'm a new player as of like 2 days ago. I've played hardcore RP games for years, so some of this is very old to me, some of it is pretty new, and I have no connections to literally anyone on any side here, nor any real knowledge of the "social meta" or any membership in any Discord servers or anything.

But it's clear from every post from all involved parties that all the people involved know exactly what's going on and your harassment evidence policy is only serving to make you less effective, here. Look, you don't have to show logs with the metainfo of the time and date and what machine it was posted on to actually discuss the ban. I'll be honest: the way that this happened makes it look like you took sides in a personal issue, and the vagueness comes across as either incompetence or an attempt to hide from criticism.

The air of "ahh~ you know, we can't convince everyone. it's just a shame if people think we were overstepping, but there's nothing we can do" is a toxic, cowardly mindset. There's some truth to the fact that some people will carry their personal biases to the end, but your posts look like you took responsibility into your own hands by allegedly investigating something for months, firing off a sloppy, copy-pasted ban wave targeted against specific players in an IC group, *specifically* noting in your response that they apparently took IC action against other factions (?) that other people might not have agreed with (?), and then...

You explain the original, vague, copy-pasted message and re-emphasize your hand-wringing about how you had all the time in the world and you were super on the ball but nothing better could be done.

I'm gonna be real: you flubbed it. Like, you're not protecting anyone by dancing around naming names here, you're just doing very poor theater of it to protect some idea of integrity or a moral high ground for "not making things personal". It's obvious even to your community, as innocent as so many of them seem to be in regards to competitive or violent RP environments.

You should take this as a fuck-up and learn from it, because even if your verdict was correct (I have no way to know if it was), you fucked up on the execution and you're still fucking up on the execution. The moment you copy-pasted the same message to 4 different people, you *created this response*.

EDIT: And by the way, moderators selectively liking posts around the issue *absolutely* inflates the exact perspective that I'm describing
[-] The following 6 users Like dangerouselizabeth's post:
  • Caboozles, DancesWithMoths, FatherCrixius, Frozen, HaTeD, Toffee

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by dangerouselizabeth - 03-04-2023, 12:11 AM