Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's talk about the bans and GM intervention
I think that there's some disconnect going on. Some are assuming that anyone who gets banned was a bad person purposefully targeting others, while some believe that those who were banned made genuine mistakes and want to improve. There's likely a bit of column A and column B where people aren't realizing the impact of their actions, and also a bit of people not communicating when they have a problem and letting things fester and explode.

I'm also all for showing evidence in public, but unfortunately, there have been multiple instances of doxxing, as well as attempts both well-known and not, from people who are still part of the community. And even more unfortunately, doxxing isn't something that can be undone, even if met with a permaban, so erring on the side of caution is understandable. Especially when the publicly known-of cases were dealt with overly forgivingly, from what I know.

I think that there should be more proactive communication on all sides, really. If you have an issue with how someone is treating you, tell them. If there are repeated issues with a player, tell them. If you're feeling stressed from in-game responsibilities, say so. I'm sure there are a few bad eggs, but I'd like to think that actually "bad people" are rare, and these are just cases of mismanagement, lack of communication, and general immaturity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaBlues's post:
  • Poruku

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about the bans and GM intervention - by MegaBlues - 03-30-2023, 07:16 AM