Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do ya'll feel about Monstrous Homunculi?
If you app for a character to be Grug Grug the leech bodied, tentacle faced Warmonculus beast of bloody burden, eventually it'll probably go through some character arc of learning, adaptation, and growth that has it doing literally anything other than its original intention. And then someone will look at Grug Grug the New and Proud Accountant and wonder why we allow furries in the community because he has anime and chibi art that honestly fits SL2 better rather than the D&D monster art he started with.

Making it an app only process is just gatekeeping for the sake of gatekeeping. Right now, the limitations seem to be 'is it very reasonably still human just with extra or less parts.' The question is 'should anthropomorphic art also be allowed.' If you answer "Yes, but..." then you should just answer no because none of your limitations in mind will be held or protected beyond the initial application process, test, or moment of implementation that you might suggest. There won't be any careful implementation because there can't be. Nobody is going to police every moment of RP to ensure they're living up to some hidden line that is nebulous and hard to enforce or write out. Unless we take this a step further and make a specific monster group and monster faction and enforce no possible peaceful interactions between monsters and people. That'd be neat, but it's not the original discussion.

With that said, I answer yes altogether. Let homunculi just be the catch all race for anthro and furries. As I said before, I'd rather RP with that group than the group that hates that group.
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • caliaca, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do ya'll feel about Monstrous Homunculi? - by FaeLenx - 06-19-2023, 02:39 AM