Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blunt Overdose
I agree with reduced scaling. Having played a somehow decent hybrid Verglas (with 35-45 in Str/Wil/Cel at level 60) it was kind of absurd that 90% of what I did was either Expanding Ice against groups, or Hare Discipline skills 1 on 1. Bear Discipline never saw any love. Fox discipline at least has higher FP costs to offset how good it is, but I do think Hare can afford to be toned down a bit.

I see no issue with allowing Cel to be used as an offensive stat ON OCCASION simply due to autohits. Just don't make it common. Similarly to how Crystal Blades and Checkmate use Defense to attack. So long as there's drawbacks, such as Checkmate's Momentum Cost, a Crystal Blade only proccing every 2 hits, etc, it won't be a "god stat" or anything. And since most mobs as well as most players have autohits, Cel isn't even a particularly good defensive stat (Unless you're against an Arbalest, Gunner, or most kinds of jammers.) As such, I'm cool with the occasional Cel based damage attack (Cat Claw, Hare Discipline skills, Thousand Stab, etc) so long as it doesn't become really common.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread