Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of "antags" (and conflict?)
I disagree with the idea that villains or people in general escaping from prisons is somehow "governments running poorly." The truth of the matter is that prison escapes happen relatively frequently, and bad people end up living or going free relatively frequently in both modern times and history. Our baseline comparisons don't paint the expectations people have for the jailing system in this game as anything other than unrealistically efficient and secure.

Japan had a guy escape from various different prisons over 4 times before and after WW2. One time, he used miso soup to corrode shitty iron bars.

The world is a fantastically complex moving place with so many pieces like that. Let content generators (villains) escape jail. Unlike in every other scenario where I advocates for a ridiculous amount of consent and communication, this I find is a non-negotiable right. If they want to kill your character, they can put in an admin form for it. If they can't do it in the time they're allowed to soft lock your character, then it's as much your right to leave as it was theirs or anyone else's when you go approach them to mess with their character.
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock

Messages In This Thread
The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Poruku - 07-27-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by FaeLenx - 07-27-2023, 09:55 AM