Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of "antags" (and conflict?)
(07-28-2023, 08:07 PM)FaeLenx Wrote:
(07-28-2023, 06:06 PM)Blissey Wrote: That's just my thoughts. I don't personally subscribe to the notion that antagonists should be let go from prison willy-nilly, or because they're content generators, to echo Polly's words (still no tea or shade).

It's not willy-nilly. It's adhering to the same rules as everyone else. People who play characters who cause problems are still just people playing characters like everyone else. They can't hold someone else indefinitely in a cage. They can't be held indefinitely in a cage. The exact cage doesn't change much to the way the rules are written at the moment.

Ah, okay. Well, I don't particularly agree with the rule in its current iteration, anyway. Though I don't necessarily have any better ideas, so I won't push the envelope. It'd be up to GMs and Dev, anyway, if enough people ever wish to amend it.

It is what it is, at the end of the day. Character autonomy is important, but sometimes people do stuff that strips it away, and while they may not always know what they're doing, in the end consequences are important to keeping a story going.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)

Messages In This Thread
The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Poruku - 07-27-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Blissey - 07-28-2023, 08:23 PM