Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of "antags" (and conflict?)
(07-29-2023, 07:19 PM)Skimmy2 Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 06:57 PM)MegaBlues Wrote: -snip-

While I agree with you,
wasint one of the whole appeals of Korvara that PvP and Conflict do decide very important things to a lot of characters?
You can't exactly be on an Island where it's inhabitants fight for survival every day against monsters or that the political situation is far more volatile and tense than anywhere in G6 and avoid it.

Like if you have zero interest in getting ganked for being always IC in runescape wilderness island, then don't be on the runescape wilderness IC island.
We've got entire rules and policies written explicitly for Korvara so that people can't ignore the results of PvP/Conflict.

I think that the idea of Korvara being a free PVP Gank conflict zone has been poisoning the well since before even day #1. People went in having to consider what builds they'd need to survive the ganks they expected. And while natural conflict is good, enforcing the idea that the ONLY form of conflict bring PVP is terrible. And it's something that is brought up in these threads time and time again.

"But what if I don't agree with them or I want to PVP for my win?"
Shucks. You've got me there. Except- why is PVP the default for problem solving in a game where the balance is, at the best of times, absolutely mediocre? (Global quaking tap, hello.) Is it because people want it easy or is it because they refuse to speak to one another on equal footing? If I had to guess, it'd be a bit of both. 

At least do an RP fight or two, or something. Dice rolls are just as fair as the game's balance.

Oh and it's an RP game, damn
[-] The following 4 users Like Pyro's post:
  • DogmaticDusk, Miller, Skimmy2, Stenzio

Messages In This Thread
The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Poruku - 07-27-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Pyro - 07-29-2023, 08:26 PM