Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of "antags" (and conflict?)
Friendship means little when it's convenient.
The same can be said for conflict.

I fully understand, and I actually would probably fall into or lean more towards the camp that doesint like conflict despite what my recent contrarian views would suggest.
But it's ridiculous to create a Korvaran character and try your best to ignore or not engage with those things.

All Korvaran characters deal with extreme hardship, their lives are on average short. Both RPly and, taking a look at the graveyards of past characters compared to G6, mechanically.

My views extend to roleplay in general and not just "Antagonists" specifically. If you decide to go somewhere where your character might be confronted by an individual, than it is incredibly childish to have some notion to pick and choose what affects you.
there is no ooc grinding in Korvara no matter how munch we all politely pretend to ignore each other while doing it.

To use an actual example, nobody should be crying oocly about being confronted or harassed by a Geladynian patrol, especially if they are Meiaquarise. To be confronted by them is the price of admission to roleplay on the island, it is a way of Korvaran life that you agreed to when you made your character.
I fail to see why a character labeled as "Antagonist" suddenly changes that.
If you don't want your character being in conflict, then it's up to you to avoid it. Stay where it's safe, travel where it's safe.

With that being said, I concede to most everything said and with Pyro and Megablues and agree with them fully, preferring roleplay or dice mechanics over PvP.

Even if I personally believe that we all signed the ooc permission slips when getting into Korvara, I can see the points and sympathize with those that disagree.
Munch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skimmy2's post:
  • DogmaticDusk

Messages In This Thread
The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Poruku - 07-27-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Skimmy2 - 07-29-2023, 08:53 PM