Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of "antags" (and conflict?)
(07-29-2023, 08:26 PM)Pyro Wrote: At least do an RP fight or two, or something. Dice rolls are just as fair as the game's balance.

Dice rolls existing as a great equalizer for any sort of mechanically unfair PVP fantasies is always an important thing to remember. The reason RP fights don't happen is because they practically require you and someone else to agree on an outcome before it ever comes about. While I've done this at least a few times, this really is only possible with people you can have that conversation with and already likely did have that conversation with.

The problem is that even in situations where you want to mechanically PVP, that sort of level of communication is always better. 'What happens if I win. What happens if I lose. What are your expectations? Would you feel upset if I X instead of Y?' And most importantly 'I do not feel comfortable with this. I do not want to do this anymore. Thank you for your time.' If necessary.

People being unwilling to deny other people when they are just unhappy about the whole affair and then later going out of their way to be audibly upset about it has been one of the biggest problems in Korvara. 'I was thrown in jail for X weeks! How could they do this to me!?' has been said more than once. The answer to that question, oddly enough, is because you did it to you. The people complaining are in control of their character at that point. And they are blaming other people FOR it. Usually while also adding in IC components of greater abuse than was attributed to their character by their captor, kidnapper, or jailor.
[-] The following 3 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Mewni, Miller, Skimmy2

Messages In This Thread
The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Poruku - 07-27-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by FaeLenx - 07-29-2023, 09:02 PM