Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kensei Adjustments Thread
As a kensei lover I'll give my honest feedback on everything. TL;DR it's overall good.

Reiatsu

I think this is good. Applying all 3 effects at once makes it actually worth it, and acts as a payoff for the kensei combo playstyle. Very cool. Applying only one would be trash as it's 1 range bro.

Sacred Art

Ele atk portion
Eh, I guess this is fine, but I'm not sure about the departure from elemental atk altogether. I think it would be fine if the damage just ignored armor or prot.

Can crit
Tbh this would make perfect sense. Lightning badge supremacy is kind of annoying. But this would mean wind badge is literally the only good option lol.

Anim speed
They should all just have the lightning badge speed. Fast anims are better for the game as a whole. Same with any slow ability in the game.

Toiken
I actually like toiken, and I think it would be cringe to make it hit the sides. Just make it thicker. The strength of toiken is being able to hit from long range using the tips of the max range. (7 range normally, 11 range with wind).

I have a suggestion instead: make the toiken combo effect step you back 2 tiles before using the skill. This would add a nice and cool movement option to kensei and add a lot to their combo playstyle.

Katana Master
Yes.

Counter edge
Counter edge is actually a pretty solid passive. I think dealing a bonus instance of protection ignoring damage is a bad idea, the point of counter edge is that this damage scales with your crit. Just make it a bit higher if needed.

Yomidori
The current state of yomidori is sad indeed. Tbh just bring back a little bit of evade to complement the parry. The random glancings could be neat but a bit too powerful imo especially for an innate.

Tekagen
This skill is awful even for rp purposes. It could be made useful if it simply nerfed your damage and gave you regen.

New Skills
I like the idea of a pseudo-invoke, the overall design is neat. Shouldn't give you regen though.

Oarashiken
Doing global evasion ignoring damage is kinda oof, not that fun. It should at least have some kind of condition or unique thing to it aside from applying debuffs.

Yamasakeru
I like the idea of crossing the map with a wide line skill, sounds cool.

Zettai-tekinashi
Sounds pretty cool, I like it. The kind of skill that can dictate the pace of a whole fight in an interesting way.

Overall, my feedback aside, this is probably one of the best balanced suggestion threads you've made, and I think even if everything here was implemented as is it would be awesome.

Messages In This Thread
Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Snake - 06-24-2023, 04:05 PM
RE: Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Deja Vu - 08-02-2023, 01:55 AM
RE: Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Lolzytripd - 08-02-2023, 03:00 AM
RE: Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Poruku - 08-04-2023, 12:44 AM
RE: Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Senna - 08-04-2023, 06:25 PM
RE: Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Poruku - 08-04-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: Kensei Adjustments Thread - by Lolzytripd - 08-04-2023, 09:50 PM