Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Boss Immunities
It's hard to say they're there to 'prevent cheesing bosses' when said bosses are, in large part, exceptionally easy to cheese anyway. Or to just beat normally. There's 4 exceptions, 3 level 80 bosses that are 'challenging' and the [REDACTED] that I've heard about but never seen. The Lava Slime is extremely easy to beat, especially with mercenaries, and no other boss is difficult from 60 or below in basically any context other than a new player.

Radigal can be cheesed in numerous ways, and I'm sure the other 2 'challenging' level 80 bosses have their cheese strats. I see no reason why fear and charm especially shouldn't be non-universal for these bosses, especially if they receive some sort of skill to give them increased resistance in lieu of it. Hardly any bosses require more thought than 'put a merc to the left of it and throw out damage every turn'. Fear can't really be 'cheesed' outside of intentional class mechanics (And would help with the problem dodgies are having against bosses to begin with).

I can see the argument for confusion, but ironically I feel that affects the challenging bosses less since they have better patterns and AoE coverage, as opposed to wasting time basic-attacking their own allies. Still, selectively applied immunities are better than broad, sweeping ones. Finer control, and feels more deliberate for balance.

Messages In This Thread
Remove Boss Immunities - by MothEnthusiast - 11-28-2023, 12:00 PM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by Poruku - 11-28-2023, 04:28 PM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by Snake - 11-28-2023, 05:26 PM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by MothEnthusiast - 11-28-2023, 11:09 PM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by Senna - 11-28-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by MothEnthusiast - 11-29-2023, 12:39 AM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by Raigen.Convict - 11-29-2023, 04:04 AM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by Pyro - 12-02-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: Remove Boss Immunities - by Poruku - 12-03-2023, 12:40 AM