Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The PVP Area
What is truly "cursed" is how in a month or two post-release, those lands will be claimed by Telegrad or Geladyne the moment they go down, and in the third month it becomes an amusement park or safari for cities to display how dumb cursed people beat each other up for no reason other than things that are fluctuating in their own heads. SL2 is really not the place for something like this. Hell. I'm getting problems even with something as silly dumb as Necrovex, imagine something that will constantly result in bitching over Balance-Fu about how summoner is broken or heals need nerf.

Every. Single. Day.

Even optional content requires people to be willing to set aside differences and play ball. Which why bother doing it when "we're all protags and we always win, therefore if I lose 'heh, i was not at my full power' *swaps to GS/Priest* 'rematch or i call gms'" I'm sure we can, as Eventmins, pull off something like this. I'm not against a lore-sanctioned blackzoned area where violence is permitted and none of the continents want to do anything with it, similar to Law's End. We kinda need it for specific types of RP in Korvara. I'm against at the added systems to it. It feels too 'off the grid' for what Korvara's spirit is.

TL/DR: New map? Fuq ye! New mechanics? meh.

ADDITIONALLY.

If we're talking about the ruins. I wish more that the place was where the nations plant a flag over and constantly compete among each other in this 'small scale war' for dominance of whatever cool and special resource that is in there. Which indirectly would also promote groups like The Marauders or 'off-nation' groups to try and be greedy about it and hold control over the other nations due to it.

Something that does not benefit players in particular, but benefits a nation itself. Maybe the hidden remnants of a god, a powerful yet generous lich king/mid-island behemoth or some spooky stuff that would definitely have the mutual interest of all four nations. Maybe this power/resource/favor could make farms bloom in Geladyne, or bolster wards and protection upon Telegrad, or turn the Wall into an impenetrable fortress in Duyuei, or calm all the seas of Meiaquar so no ships sink, and it's something that cannot be shared among them, there must always be one nation benefiting while the others get fucked for it.

Something that will always force them to disagree, even if it makes sense to give one of them the 'rights' to it, or 'play by rotation' like you'd immediately expect from what will be a boring ass diplomacy with no conflict.

This would be such a wonderful King Of The Hill game between the four nations, and constantly promote content that makes all four settlements interact with each other.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The PVP Area - by Poruku - 01-03-2024, 06:04 PM
RE: The PVP Area - by WaifuApple - 01-03-2024, 06:46 PM
RE: The PVP Area - by MothEnthusiast - 01-03-2024, 06:55 PM
RE: The PVP Area - by Lolzytripd - 01-03-2024, 08:15 PM
RE: The PVP Area - by Poruku - 01-03-2024, 11:47 PM
RE: The PVP Area - by WaifuApple - 01-04-2024, 12:11 AM
RE: The PVP Area - by Raigen.Convict - 01-04-2024, 02:32 AM
RE: The PVP Area - by Poruku - 01-04-2024, 04:45 AM
RE: The PVP Area - by Dezark - 01-04-2024, 04:57 PM
RE: The PVP Area - by MegaBlues - 01-04-2024, 05:07 PM