Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit Entertainer, faith and Korvara
Grinding spirits can be miserable, it's very easy to drain the whole world of white or black pages as a single person, in fact it happens pretty often when I go spirit hunting, unless i'm unlucky and someone ate them all before me, and the drought gets especially bad days after difficult events, black pages take potentially months to grind (but that's not the only issue black pages have, and that talk is not why I gathered you all here today.)

Spirit entertainer is a lovely solution to this problem, however outside of saving you hours of graveyard/crypt sitting it is not worthwhile to invest in from any point of build optimization, outside of for a select few builds, and as SAN can be beneficial to quite a few races whereas FAI can be difficult to fit in to a large number of builds, it's a lot easier to get as a FAI build..

From a lore perspective I don't think faith on korvara has anything to do with spirits, SAN at least fits the whole Entertainer part, given it's a core stat for a bard and scales sound damage, but you'd be hard pressed to find any bard picking the trait up due to bards generally having very little desire to invest in Faith.

On top of that I sort of want to bring up my primary problem..

A lot of people, just sit and wait for mental stam/ spirits to recharge/reappear, (me included) it is time that is just spent not interacting with the rest of the community and SL2 is a very social orientated game, it's not fun nor do I think it's productive for the community to spend time just sitting somewhere out of place and not interacting with anyone. To top it off, losing spirits is a very frustrating experience, to the point that some players will get actively angered at potential party members if they wind up in a situation which their actions cost another player their spirits, which I don't think is a healthy thing.

TL;DR: I would just like to propose the removal of the FAI requirement when it comes to spirit entertainer, I believe it's a stat requirement that is difficult to fill for most class combos, and I believe that Faith is a stat that lorewise doesn't really apply to things spirit related on Korvara. And lastly I believe making the trait more accessible, is more healthy for the social aspect of the game.

Now before any of you say white spirits are already strong, I don't oppose the idea of making more way to punish spirit users, I just don't think losing spirits is it chief.
[-] The following 2 users Like zericosmic's post:
  • Fern, MothEnthusiast

Messages In This Thread
Spirit Entertainer, faith and Korvara - by zericosmic - 01-20-2024, 01:31 AM