Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is required before having a visible injury due to preceeding RP?
(02-20-2024, 10:07 AM)lordpidey Wrote: Hello,

There was an incident I've heard about recently.

Admittedly, I have only heard one side of the story, so I am withholding judgement at this point in time.

However, the incident itself as described to me raises a question.

If there is RP that would logically result in likely visible injury, deformity or other visible change, what is needed before acting on that, in future RP, or in self profile/alias manipulations?

If I'm arrested and handcuffed, am I allowed to change my alias to "Handcuffed person"?

If someone steals my lucky sombrero, am I allowed to RP around being bummed about not having my hat?

If I'm hit in the head with a metal object in a 'harsh blow', can I have a bruise?

If someone I'm trying to arrest pulls a knife on me and stabs me during a conflict, do I need permission from the attacker before having a visibly bleeding abdomen?

From my understanding (Which again, I've only heard one side of the story, and thus may be wrong), a person was struck in RP, and did not get permission from the attacker to have a visible injury, which was one of several things they were punished for.

Roleplay is a consentual experience, inherently speaking. So if you want to be injured by someone, or deal with something, you need to have prior discussion with the person beforehand. Communication is important!

In most situations people will be able to come to an understanding so long as things are established beforehand. Of course there is some reason required, but it's usually something both players can easy agree upon.
[-] The following 7 users Like matthewmwps's post:
  • Balthie, CuteRedCrab, Dezark, Maya, Mewni, Salsaccino, Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is required before having a visible injury due to preceeding RP? - by matthewmwps - 02-20-2024, 12:14 PM