Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is required before having a visible injury due to preceeding RP?
(02-20-2024, 05:06 PM)lordpidey Wrote: I see.

So what I'm getting from this is people can attack me, and then tell me "Nah, I'm not letting there be any consequences to my character"

I feel like you are missing the point entirely.

This was not a matter of someone attacking another person and then back peddling their actions. What actually happened was someone slapped another person, and that person dictated how much harm was done to themselves. Slapping someone across the face does not automatically mean you are getting bruised and your teeth knocked out of your skull. It can just as easily leave nothing but a red handprint on your face and you’ll be fine.

This was a matter of another player’s agency in the scene being taken from them, as they could not define just how hard they had hit the other player. It is godmodding because of this reason; someone is directly dictating the outcome regardless of the other participant’s consent on the matter.

It would be one thing if these injuries were implicated from the start by the person attacking, but this was not the case. By taking away that agency you are directly controlling the other person’s actions and taking full control of the narrative.

Communicate with your roleplay partners. Discuss your desired outcomes regarding scenes you are roleplaying. It truly is that simple.
[Image: USxyRvr.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Salsaccino's post:
  • matthewmwps, Mewni

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is required before having a visible injury due to preceeding RP? - by Salsaccino - 02-20-2024, 05:30 PM