Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is required before having a visible injury due to preceeding RP?
I didn't think this thread would need to be worth replying to but I guess I'll just add my opinion on the rule has and always been, in SL2's roleplay setting it's generally considered that if you are forcing injury to occur from another's character you are powergaming or godmodding a bit, not only is it not something the other party agreed upon but it could also get their character in trouble with authorities in an undesirable and unintended way.

One could argue that if someone's going too far with their RP towards you that you should also ask them to tone it down, obviously if I am RPing deliberately chopping a sword into your shoulder with great force that responding to that without injury could be difficult (I mean in which case just clear it up in looc with a few quick words), but generally in this setting characters are able to hold back to a point of non-major injury, spars happen every day where-in people just get hit by giant suns and building swords and then walk it off to go and get some potions afterwards.

The short of it is, forcing an outcome is powergaming, and it's just important to be cognizant that reacting to a sword slash by getting your arm chopped off (or whatever else, this is just an example) instead is not on the other person's mind, both parties should be respectful of eachother.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Salsaccino

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is required before having a visible injury due to preceeding RP? - by Autumn - 02-20-2024, 05:47 PM