Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kensei-Why didn't you dodge?
In my opinion, every class that could be a dodgy character should have access to an evade buff worth 25-30 evade, this way you don't have scenarios where you're evade capping from a round 0 interaction with the fastest people in the game where they only have to spend 3m to put you on an effective coin flip chance because as much as hit stacking sucks to face, the dodgiest people still can dodge those builds. If they want to evade cap round 0, I think 6m is a reasonable ask if the duration is better.

Because at least I dislike the narrative that dodge buffs should grant an immediate +40-50 Evade (looking at you fortune wind overbuffs), I think that Evade Buffs can be boosted in duration quite heavily (effectively permanent, 10 rounds) for having meaningful momentum costs, they can cost 2-3m quite healthily, especially if they're usually sprinkled with 25-30 evade instead of 20 like whatever the heck Feather Veil is supposed to be. Hellish Eye should be rebalanced around this though.

I think 25-30 evade however is a good bracket to shoot for for a lot of evade buffs if you were to grant them to other classes, in the case of like Kensei which has access to Kenki and absolute pace, if you give them an evade buff it should be worth like 15 Evade imo, situating it a bit lower than my suggestion due to the class already having some fantastic evade tools that situates it as the 2nd dodgiest class in the game already.

Its not the 2nd dodgiest in raw evade, but in it's access to debuffs, which are a form of a cap-less evade buff if only specific in it's targeting, that said if Kensei does get a 15 evade buff, it'd be better suited to a passive, this used to be Yomidori but Dev took that away from us too (and re-granted it via Absolute Pace).

Messages In This Thread
Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-19-2024, 07:31 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Poruku - 03-19-2024, 08:34 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-19-2024, 08:40 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Autumn - 03-19-2024, 10:52 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-20-2024, 12:49 AM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Autumn - 03-20-2024, 04:28 AM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-21-2024, 05:13 AM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Senna - 03-20-2024, 04:41 AM