Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Characters of a greater fortune
I certainly agree with lalchi. To clarify, I think it shouldn't be something just anyone can do. It should be done with a purpose in mind, and should only be handed out for a preset period of time, until said thing is done. Nobody needs to be powerful unless it's for an event, or to play a certain antagonist. They also shouldn't be participating in unrelated events.

Because everyone is already powerful. It's true that losing to an engineer doesn't mean you're not strong. I think it would just be a useful system to have for people to be able to do certain things they couldn't do otherwise. But if the reason is simply to fit your IC, then there's no need to get a boost. You're already very powerful as a RPG character.

What this kind of system would allow is for people to be capable of essentially making bad guys and running their own events without needing the aid of an eventmin, and also allowing those characters to RP with people in the world without the limitations of event-only characters. I guess that means in my mind, you definitely shouldn't give this kind of power to a "good guy", only to a bad guy. Because the balance of power is definitely in the favor of the good guys. The last thing you want as an antagonist is getting decked by an op hero without a chance of winning.

However I could also see it for nation leaders, in some cases. Or maybe each nation gets one champion or something, idk. But again, boosted character shouldn't be in events unless it's planned around them.

All in all, there needs to be a specific reason for it that isn't just for the IC, because then anyone could want power and go for an app. I see this as an opportunity to put more ability to run events in the hands of players. With a tool like this you wouldn't need an EM's intervention at all. This is something I would have liked to use for some of my antagonists in the past, like the Necromancer from Duyuei (where I had an EM give me a power boost). But after you've finished your thing, the power is taken away. Because it's basically impossible to make it fair for everyone if it's something you can simply apply for to give to your main character.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Blissey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Ray2064 - 04-18-2024, 06:33 PM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Shujin - 04-19-2024, 12:11 AM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Poruku - 04-19-2024, 12:41 AM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Cogster - 04-19-2024, 03:15 AM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Ham - 04-19-2024, 07:24 AM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by caliaca - 04-19-2024, 09:56 AM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Ray2064 - 04-19-2024, 12:55 PM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Miller - 04-19-2024, 10:05 AM
RE: Characters of a greater fortune - by Poruku - 04-19-2024, 02:53 PM